Disclaimer

Please note some of Voodoo Radio's content may not be suitable for people under the age of majority in respective jurisdictions. If you are under age or offended easily, please navigate away from the site.

Voodoo Radio Podcast

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Good News: Christina Applegate cancer free


Christina Applegate appeared on ABC’s Good Morning America in her first interview since she announced she was diagnosed with breast cancer. She underwent a double mastectomy three weeks ago, but is in good spirits. She’ll undergo reconstructive surgery over the next eight months.

“I’m going to have cute boobs ’til I’m 90, so there’s that,” she joked in the interview, which aired Tuesday. “I’ll have the best boobs in the nursing home. I’ll be the envy of all the ladies around the bridge table.” “I just wanted to kind of be rid of it,” she said. “So this was the choice I made and it was a tough one.”

“I’ve laughed so much in the last three weeks,” she said. “I love living, and I really love my life, and I knew that from this moment on it was only going to be good that was going to be coming. Yeah, I’ll face challenges, but you can’t get any darker than where I’ve been. So knowing that in my soul gave me the strength to just say, `I have to get out there and make this a positive.’”

Applegate is scheduled to appear on a one-hour TV special, “Stand Up to Cancer,” to be aired on ABC, CBS and NBC on Sept. 5 to raise funds for cancer research.

Courtesy of Missexpose.com

No comments: