Disclaimer

Please note some of Voodoo Radio's content may not be suitable for people under the age of majority in respective jurisdictions. If you are under age or offended easily, please navigate away from the site.

Voodoo Radio Podcast

Monday, July 14, 2008

Exclusive Interview: Prodigy Live from the Belly


By Ei8ht

Prodigy, half of Hip Hop’s most prominent duo, Mobb Deep gives Ei8ht with Hip Hop Lives Online (HHLO) an exclusive interview from behind prison walls. Even though he is locked up P still finds the time to promote his new album, take a shot at Nas and reaffirm his loyalty to G-Unit.

HHLO: What’s good P, first things first, how is your health holding up on the inside?

Prodigy: I’m good, I’m chilling.

HHLO: I know that sickle cell is something that you have been battling for your whole life. I actually bumped into you in Montifiore Hospital in the Bronx right before you went in, I didn’t want to press for an interview because I respected your situation. Now around that time a lot of people were speculating that you were trying to exaggerate your sickness to avoid going to jail, how did that make you feel?

Prodigy: I don’t give a fu*k what people say, know what I’m saying. I know what it is, I was born with sickle cell.

HHLO: Ok, so let’s talk about the new album H.N.I.C. pt2. What was it like making this album knowing that when it dropped you would be behind bars? I can only imagine the cramming and preparation that was involved as far as making videos and setting up the proper promotion avenues.

Prodigy: I mean it’s all good because I like working hard. I work my best under pressure, so knowing that I was about to go in it put me at my best with my lyrics, with concepts to videos, just everything. So it was good, it felt good making the album and I think I put out one of my best pieces of work with this album and DVD.

HHLO: Now you clearly had a message to get out on this album. You touched on a lot of government issues, the Sean Bell case and more. What spurred on the new “Political P”?

Prodigy: I mean it’s nothing new. If you pay attention to Mobb Deep, if you pay attention to Prodigy you would know that in ‘95, ‘96 this is how I was talking, maybe they didn’t understand it back then but it is what it is. If you do your research and do your homework and go back and look you would see on albums like “Hell on Earth”, and on mixtapes and songs like “I Shot Ya” with LL and Keith Murray and Foxy Brown, these are the same things that I was talking about. Illuminati, the Secret Government, this is what I talk about, this is what’s real, these are facts. Everybody should know about it because it’s out there, it’s not like hidden information anymore, it’s all over the Internet and in bookstores, so people just need to know what time it is.

HHLO: Speaking of politics, what are your views on our prospects of having our first black President?

Prodigy: I mean it’s cool. I’m happy that it’s looking like we’re definitely going to have our first black President but that don’t mean that the dude is (going to be) a good President. That doesn’t mean that he is going to do the right thing just because he’s black. So people need to check on him, check his background, check his record, people need to put pressure on him, make sure he’s doing the right thing and look into him find out what he’s all about. I mean that’s how I feel about it. Everybody’s all open that Obama’s going to be President. I mean that’s cool and everything but what is he going to do? What does he represent?

Complete interview can be read here: http://hhlo.net/lead-story/exclusive-interview-prodigy-live-from-the-belly/

Courtesy of http://hhlo.net

No comments: