Disclaimer

Please note some of Voodoo Radio's content may not be suitable for people under the age of majority in respective jurisdictions. If you are under age or offended easily, please navigate away from the site.

Voodoo Radio Podcast

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Ricky Williams vs. The Weed... who won!


Dolphins Running Back, Ricky Williams, says that he is still struggling to stay away from that good o’l weed and was tempted to smoke during the team’s bye weekend (this past weekend)..

In an interview with the Miami Herald Williams said said that when players were given Friday off, “automatically your mind, which is so constrained since training camp began … says, ‘I’m free, what can I do?’”
“So there was definitely an urge,” he said in Tuesday’s Miami Herald. “But I just thought about what I have to lose, and it was easy. The urge didn’t last very long.”

“There’s no space, no wiggle room for me,” Williams said, adding that he fought the urge to smoke over the weekend by meditating instead, which gives him the same “feeling of being free.”
“A lot of times when people have some kind of addiction, what happens is they make a mistake and trip up and afterward say, ‘I don’t know what I was thinking,’” he said. “If you always try to be aware of what is going on in your mind, you won’t ever get to that point where it’s too late.”

Williams said that he will definitely try to stay way from marijuana during his career in the NFL, but after that, he may just go back to smoking.

“I’d be lying if I said I’m never going to do it again after I’m done,” he said. “I don’t know. I don’t spend much time thinking about it.”

Courtesy of Miami Herald

No comments: