Disclaimer

Please note some of Voodoo Radio's content may not be suitable for people under the age of majority in respective jurisdictions. If you are under age or offended easily, please navigate away from the site.

Voodoo Radio Podcast

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Tim McGraw not down with that nonsense Curb Records put out...


Ken Tucker, Nashville

Country superstar Tim McGraw has apologized to his fans for Curb Records' decision to release a third greatest hits package of his material. According to a release from his publicist, "Greatest Hits 3" was released on Oct. 7 without McGraw's involvement.

McGraw has been working on a new studio album for over a year and debuted three new songs on this year's "Live Your Voice Tour," according to his publicist. "It was his desire to have the new record out this fall but Curb wanted to release a greatest hits CD to extend McGraw's recording contract term," the statement reads.

"I am saddened and disappointed that my label chose to put out another hits album instead of new music," McGraw said in a statement. "I've only had one studio album since my last hits package. It has to be just as confusing to the fans as it is to me. I had no involvement in the creation or presentation of this record. Sure I love the songs and I don't want to take anything away from all the creative people who were a part of making those records. But the whole concept is an embarrassment to me as an artist.

Full story can be read here.

Courtesy of Billboard.com

No comments: